I turn 45 this year and honestly, my 40s > my 30s > my 20s. When people say, “Aw, I wish I were ____ years old again”, I honestly, don’t get that. Enjoying the journey too much for that kind of romanticism. That said, I do think a lot about time and really enjoyed these time quotes.
Love quotations. They encapsulate so much in so few words. They have stood the test of time – handed down person-to-person, paper-to-paper. Honestly, most any smart thing you want to say, has been said more eloquently before. There are tons of online tools for quotes, but my favorite book (yes, those still exist) is the Yale Book of Quotations here (affiliate link). Great resource for your library or office. It’s in hardback, but you can get a used copy for probably $5. For those who are looking to create a bit more gravitas, wisdom, and perspective – read and enjoy quotes.
So what do these icons have to say about time?
- The two most powerful warriors are patience and time – Leo Tolstoy
- Time is what we want most, but what we use worst – William Penn
- If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it again? – John Wooden
- When your great-grandfather arrives by time machine, what will you show him? – Seth Godin
- Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than trying to solve them – Henry Ford
- The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time – Marthe Troly-Curtin
- We have not the time to take our time. – Eugene Ionesco
- Forever is composed of nows – Emily Dickinson
- We must use time as a tool, not a couch – John F Kennedy
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life – Steve Jobs
- Someone is sitting in the shade because someone planted a tree a long time ago – Warren Buffett
Let me know if you have any gems on the subject of time to add to the list. Also, which is your favorite?