Consultants are very visual people, because our clients are. Executives like to see complex ideas and data simplified, so it is easy to understand and act upon. Clients pay to see simplicity. Simplicity is difficult to do well.
Infographics are fun. Honestly, this is not how management consultants typically convey data to $$ paying clients, but it is great fun. Bain has a whole section of infographics here. Great marketing.
Visual Capitalist. This is a website I came across a few days ago, and they do good work. I will attach 10 infographics in their entirety, which means, this will be a LOOOOONG scroll down. Enjoy.
1) Comparing the world’s money and markets
2) Jeff Bezos’ investments
3) Visualizing the US national debt
4) 48 Hedge fund terms you need to know
5) Descent into the world’s deepest gold mine (read: 2.5 miles down)
6) Currency and collapse of the Roman Empire
7) 10 Financial lessons we can learn from Warren Buffett
8) Every Chinese overseas investment over $100M in the last 10 years
9) The making of the big 4 banking oligopoly (history of bank mergers)
10) Most valuable US companies over last 100 years